You are here

I'm Getting Married/Divorced

Whether you’re starting or ending your relationship, your Ancestry benefits can be affected.

You have 30 days from the date of your marriage or divorce/legal separation to enroll in or make changes to your benefits. Note: You must provide a marriage certificate, proof of domestic partnership or divorce decree in order to add or remove a spouse/domestic partner. In the case of a divorce, your ex-spouse will be not be eligible for Ancestry benefits as of your divorce date. To make changes to your benefits and add/remove a spouse please follow these instructions.

Medical, Dental, Vision

You can:

  • Add coverage for yourself, your new spouse/domestic partner and/or your eligible dependents.
  • Drop coverage for yourself, your new spouse/domestic partner and/or your eligible dependents (if you’re getting divorced, you must drop coverage for your ex-spouse and ineligible dependents).

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)

You can:

  • Enroll.
  • Stop participating.
  • Change your contributions.
  • Submit your new spouse’s/domestic partner's eligible expenses for reimbursement.

Life and Accident Insurance

You can:

  • Change your coverage level.
  • Purchase additional coverage for your new spouse/domestic partner (if you’re getting divorced, you must drop life insurance for your ex-spouse).
  • Update your beneficiaries.

To make changes to your benefits, visit Workday within 30 days of your marriage or divorce date.

Change of Address

Please notify us promptly if you change your mailing address so we can send future W-2 tax statements and other information to the correct address. The postal service will not forward W-2 forms.

You May Also Want To

  • Review your 401(k) contributions and beneficiaries.
  • Enroll in the legal plan to get legal advice and create or adjust your wills.
  • Review your vacation time and paid holidays to help plan your honeymoon.
  • Update your personal information in Workday and get an updated Social Security card and driver’s license if your name and/or address are changing.
  • Change your W-4 deductions and state withholding in Workday.
  • Use the Employee Assistance Program to deal with life’s challenges and manage your stress.