Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
The more ways we can help you maintain your and your family’s health and happiness—and save for your future—the better. The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) gives you—surprise!—flexibility in how you pay for healthcare. Plus, it saves you money by letting you pay for eligible expenses with pretax dollars.
Pay for eligible medical, vision, and dental expenses with pretax dollars when you enroll in the Health Care FSA. You will be issued a debit card to use when you pay for eligible expenses. Learn more about Your Health Care Spending Card Mastercard.
How It Works
- Contribute up to $3,050 annually to help cover qualified medical, vision, and dental expenses.
- Choose your contribution amount once a year (if your personal situation changes, like you get married or have a baby, you can change your election during the year).
- You can use your FSA debit card to pay for eligible expenses or reimburse yourself for payments you’ve made.
- Your entire annual contribution is available to you from the beginning of the plan year.
- Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year and will be forfeited.
- You have until March 31, 2024, to submit 2023 claims to UHC / Optum Bank for reimbursement.
- You have until March 31, 2023, to submit 2022 claims to UHC / Optum Bank for reimbursement.
Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
If you’re enrolled in a medical plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)—the UnitedHealthcare $1,500 or $2,500 Deductible plan—you can’t enroll in the Health Care FSA, but you can enroll in a Limited Purpose FSA. You can use the Limited Purpose FSA to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses only.
Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA
Plan/Group Number: 743256 for UHC participants and 919019 for non-UHC participants
You may also like…