Working remotely looks different for everyone, and for some, it has introduced a new set of responsibilities and challenges. Being physically apart from our friends, families, and colleagues over these past few months has been difficult. Many of us miss the hallway chats with colleagues and the ability to meet new people, which all contribute to our collaboration and innovation at Ancestry.
With this in mind, we’re thrilled to introduce Coffee Chats, a new pilot program through the HistoryMakers platform, designed to help address the challenges that come with being remote and allow employees to build new connections with other members of the Ancestry family.
Coffee Chats randomly pairs Ancestry employees from diverse backgrounds and roles who might not have met otherwise in their typical day to day. Once paired, you two can meet virtually to get to know each other. While Coffee Chats is the pilot name chosen by the company that powers HistoryMakers, we encourage you to bring any drink of your choosing or your favorite snack for a great conversation.
Here’s how it works:
- Once on the HistoryMakers page:
- Go to your Account drop-down at the top right of the page.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Settings tab.
- You’ll see a check box to participate (or to uncheck to opt out) in Coffee Chats.
- At the beginning of each month, you will receive an email pairing you with another employee, along with instructions on how to schedule your Coffee Chat.
- After your Coffee Chat, you can share something that you learned about the other person via HistoryMakers that will be highlighted on the newsfeed.
- At the beginning of each month, you will be paired with a new member of the Ancestry family to connect for a Coffee Chat. You can opt out at any time.
You can learn more about Coffee Chats on Treehouse and sign up. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.