Who knows better than you what it takes to work at Ancestry? That’s why we love employee referrals. They’re a great way to add more valuable members to our family.
To encourage your referrals, we pay you a bonus if you refer a candidate we hire. The bonus amount varies depending on the position.
A few points to keep in mind about the Employee Referral Program:
- If you’re a full-time Ancestry employee, you’re eligible for a referral bonus. Anyone who has direct chain of control hiring authority over a position, HR/Recruiting, VP and above are not eligible for a referral bonus.
- The referral must represent a candidate's first contact with Ancestry. You cannot receive a referral bonus if the candidate was previously submitted through a third-party agency, vendor, or recruiter. Temporary employees, contractors, internal transfers, Interns, Co-ops and former employees of Ancestry are not eligible candidates for referral bonuses.
- All open positions are posted on our Careers site. The postings include position summaries and qualifications.
- The first employee to refer a candidate will be eligible for the referral bonus.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
- To receive a referral bonus, both you and the new hire must be employed at the time of the referral bonus payment. If you’re on leave or temporary disability at the time the bonus payment is due, your bonus payment will be deferred until you return.
- Any disputes or interpretations of the program will be handled through the Recruiting team.
If your referred candidate accepts an offer, you’ll receive your referral bonus (applicable taxes will be deducted) within 60 days following the candidate’s start date. Referral bonuses vary by department and position, and are at the discretion of the Recruiting team. The Recruiting team may change the referral amounts for any given position at any time.
Sample referral bonuses:
- Senior leadership positions and/or candidates with PhDs (grades 7 and above): $5,000
- Corporate positions (grades 3-6): $1,500–$3,500
- ProGen genealogists and research managers: $1,000
- Hourly positions in Member Services: $500
- Other hourly positions: $350
The bonus amount and eligibility factors are subject to change based on Ancestry’s business needs, as circumstances dictate. Ancestry reserves the right to modify, amend, or terminate this plan, at any time, for any reason. Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.