Because you’re family, we want you to stay happy and healthy—now and in the future. When you participate in the UnitedHealthcare $1,500 or $2,500 plan, you will have the opportunity to enroll in a personal savings account for your healthcare, called a Health Savings Account (HSA). Both you and Ancestry set aside tax-free money, which you can then use to pay for medical, dental, and vision expenses. It’s a great way to save money while tending to your well-being.
Ancestry’s HSA contribution
Here’s a breakdown of the annual/monthly contribution*:
|UHC HSA $1,500 Plan||UHC HSA $2,500 Plan|
|Employee + Spouse/Partner||$1,500/$125||$2,500/$208.33|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$1,500/$125||$2,500/$208.33|
*Employer contributions to your HSA are deposited each pay period.
For 2022, you can contribute up to the annual IRS limit of $3,650 for individuals or $7,300 for family coverage (this amount includes Ancestry’s contribution).
To be eligible for an HSA, you must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP) and you may not:
- Have a Health Care FSA (including your spouse’s/domestic partner’s FSA)
- Be claimed as a tax dependent
- Be enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid or Tricare
- Be enrolled in any other medical plan that’s not a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
How the HSA Works
- First time users should register at www.optumbank.com. After registering at www.optumbank.com, you'll be able to access your HSA through www.myuhc.com.
- You can change your contribution amount or stop contributing at any time.
- It’s like a bank account that you manage to pay for your healthcare expenses.
- You can use your HSA debit card to pay for eligible expenses or reimburse yourself for payments you’ve made (only money you’ve already contributed can be spent).
- Any unused money can be carried over each year and invested for the future—you can even take it with you if you leave your job or retire.
- Still gives you the option to contribute to a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) for additional tax savings. Please note that LPFSA funds can only be used for dental and vision expenses.
- You will receive an email from Optum Bank that will ask you to confirm your identity/address before you can utilize the account. If you don’t confirm your identity/address timely, funds can be forfeited and/or any Ancestry contributions will begin prospectively.
Watch the below videos to understand more about the Health Savings Account (HSA) to determine if one of the HDHP medical plan options may be right for you.
How HDHP with HSA works
HDHP vs Traditional PPO
Comparing HSA and FSA