The more ways we can help you maintain your and your family’s health and happiness—and save for your future—the better. The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) gives you—surprise!—flexibility in how you pay for healthcare. Plus, it saves you money by letting you pay for eligible expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Pay for eligible medical, vision, and dental expenses with pre-tax dollars when you enroll in the Health Care FSA.
How It Works
- Contribute up to $2,750 annually to help cover qualified medical, vision, and dental expenses.
- Choose your contribution amount once a year (if your personal situation changes, like you get married or have a baby, you can change your election during the year).
- You can use your FSA debit card to pay for eligible expenses or reimburse yourself for payments you’ve made.
- Your entire annual contribution is available to you from the beginning of the plan year.
- Unused money does not carry over at the end of each year and will be forfeited.
- You have until March 31, 2020 to submit 2019 claims to Navia for reimbursement.
Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
If you’re enrolled in a medical plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)—the UnitedHealthcare $1,500 or $2,500 Deductible plan—you can’t enroll in the Health Care FSA, but you can enroll in a Limited Purpose FSA. You can use the Limited Purpose FSA to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses only.