Are you ready to hit the slopes for skiing, mounting biking, scenic lift rides or enjoying the park event and facilities Ancestry offers through annual Utah Gold Passes?
Utah gold passes are eligible for full-time employees in our Utah locations. The Gold Passes are for summer and winter use.
Gold Pass Program Overview
The annual Gold Pass program is intended to provide as many Utah employees as possible with an opportunity to enjoy our great Utah snow or beautiful summer trails and scenery. Here are some details:
- You can check out the passes once per season
- There are multiple slots available each day, but you can only sign up for one slot
- You are not able to sign up for other co-workers
- You are not allowed to give or share your pass sign-up with anyone else
- Sign-up is first come, first served
- When you sign up for a slot, you will receive two passes for the day
New Gold Pass Process
Read the following guidelines carefully. To keep everyone safe amid COVID-19, please follow this NEW process for the 2021/2022 winter season. If this process is not followed below, you will not be able to pick up your passes.
- Pick up the passes after 9:00 p.m. the night before your scheduled day. For example, if you are scheduled for Wednesday, you can pick up the passes on Tuesday night after 9:00 p.m.
- Drop off the passes by 8:00 p.m. on your scheduled day. Please return the passes on time, so your colleague who is scheduled for the next day can pick them up.
- If you do not return the passes to the Security on time, you’ll be charged $50.00.
- Employees will now need to complete the waiver form before scheduling your pass pick-up time. The waiver form is located under the Espresa portal under Gold Pass Guidelines.
- You must email the completed waiver form to Security at email@example.com BEFORE calling to arrange a pick-up time. You cannot bring the paper form to Security at pick-up.
Instructions to pick up passes
- After you have emailed the waiver form to Security, call Security to arrange a pass pick-up time (no earlier than 9 p.m. the night before). Their phone number is 801-705-7614. Security will confirm receipt of the waiver form before scheduling a pass pick up time.
- Security will meet you in the parking lot at your scheduled time to verify your ID through your car window and provide you with the reserved passes.
- Employees are required to wear a mask during pass pick up. You must also present your driver’s license or Ancestry ID.
- Other employees are not authorized to pick up the passes for you.
- No exceptions. If you do not comply with ALL the above, Security will not issue your passes.
- Call Security at 801-705-7614 when you are ready to drop off the passes. Security will meet you in the parking lot to pick up the passes. Employees are required to wear a mask during pass drop off. Passes must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on your scheduled day.
- Phase 1 employees – pick-up and drop-off process for phase 1 employees is the same but you can meet Security in the lobby instead of the parking lot. If you are on the same floor as the Security, you can pick up and drop off your passes there, upon appointment (no drop-ins).
Gold Passes for Winter Use
The following alpine skiing resorts are direct to lift (no need to stop by the ticket window—just show your pass to the lift attendant):
- Alta Ski Area
- Brighton Resort
- Deer Valley
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort – Parking reservation required, must be done through www.snowbird.com. With a valid parking reservation, you will proceed directly to the lifts.
- Solitude Mountain Resort – go to ticket office the first time
The following alpine ski resorts require you to pick up a day pass at the ticket office before you go to the lift line:
- Beaver Mountain Ski Resort
- Brian Head Resort
- Cherry Peak
- Eagle Point
- Powder Mountain Resort
- Nordic Valley (formerly Wolf Mountain)
Cross country resorts:
- Ruby's Inn Cross Country Skiing
- Soldier Hollow
- Solitude Nordic Center
- Sundance Nordic Center
- White Pine Touring
The Ski Utah Gold Pass can be used during summer at resorts that are open. Passes can be used for scenic lift rides and mountain biking only, but not for other park events/facilities.
Brian Head – Present your Gold pass at the ticket window to be issued a day lift pass.
Canyons Resort – Present your Gold pass at Canyon Mountain Sports in the Resort Village for a scenic gondola lift ticket. Mountain bike haul lift tickets and Canyon Bike Park offerings are an additional cost.
Deer Valley Resort – Present your Gold pass to the Mountain Biking Office at either Snow Park or Silver Lake to be issued a day lift pass.
Park City Mountain Resort – Present your Gold pass at the ticket office in the Resort Plaza for a scenic ride lift ticket. Mountain bike haul lift tickets are an additional cost.
Snowbasin Resort – Proceed directly to the gondola with your Gold pass. The lift operator will scan it there.
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort – Present your Gold pass at the ticket window to be granted access to the scenic Aerial Tram and Peruvian chairlifts. Not valid for any other summer activities.
Solitude Mountain Resort – Present your Gold pass at the Adventure Center to be issued a summer lift ride or mountain bike pass. Solitude will not be using the access gate during the summer.
Sundance Resort – Check in at the Sundance Mountain Outfitters shop with your Gold pass to be issued either a scenic lift ride pass or mountain biking lift pass.