HistoryMakers is our employee recognition program, which makes it incredibly easy to recognize your colleagues for a job well done. With HistoryMakers, you can publicly say everything from "Thanks" to "Great job" to "You're truly outstanding.” With Coffee Chats, you can build new connections with other members of the Ancestry family while working remotely.
HistoryMakers has two kinds of recognition—one with points to reward standout colleagues, and one without points to recognize those small but wonderful acts we see every day. Both types of recognition are shared on the HistoryMakers site, because recognition is more powerful when it's public.
Recognize an exceptional colleague who really lives by our values—Pioneer relentlessly, Empower each other, and Be customer obsessed.
Recognize a colleague who has done something small but wonderful. Shout Outs don't come with points. They're just a fun way to publicly recognize someone who’s gone above and beyond.
Working remotely looks different for everyone, and for some it has introduced a new set of responsibilities and challenges. Being physically apart from our friends, families and colleagues over these past few months has been difficult. Many of us miss the hallway chats with colleagues and the ability to meet new people, which all contribute to our collaboration and innovation at Ancestry.
With this in mind, we’re thrilled to introduce Coffee Chats, a new pilot program through the History Makers platform designed to help address the challenges that come with being remote, and allow employees to build new connections with other members of the Ancestry family.
Coffee Chats randomly pairs Ancestry employees from diverse backgrounds and roles who might not have met otherwise in their typical day to day. Once paired, you two can meet virtually to get to know each other. While Coffee Chats is the pilot name chosen by the company that powers History Makers, we encourage you to bring any drink of your choosing or your favorite snack for a great conversation.
Here’s how it works:
- Once on the History Makers page:
- Go to your Account drop down at the top right of the page
- Select Account Settings
- Select Settings tab
- You’ll see a check box to participate (or to uncheck to opt out) in coffee chats
- At the beginning of each month, you will receive an email pairing you with another employee, along with instructions on how to schedule your Coffee Chat.
- After your Coffee Chat, you can share something that you learned about the other person via History Makers that will be highlighted on the newsfeed.
- At the top of each month, you will be paired with a new member of the Ancestry Family to connect for a Coffee Chat. You can opt out at any time.