One of our most popular benefits is the Utah Ski Gold Passes program. The calendar fills up quickly, so save your spot on the slopes as far in advance as possible!
Please note: This program is not a company-sponsored event. If you're using a ski pass on a regular business day, please submit a vacation time request via Workday.
Here’s how the system works:
- The program is intended to allow as many Utah employees as possible a fair chance of enjoying our great Utah snow.
- You can check out the passes once per season. Only ONE reservation per employee. Please keep in mind if there are reservations still available after you have reserved your slot, you will not be given a second pass.
- There are multiple slots available each day, but you can only sign up for one slot.
- You are not able to sign up for other coworkers.
- You are not allowed to give or share your pass sign-up with anyone else.
- Sign-up is first come, first served.
- When you sign up for a slot, you get two passes for the day.
- Passes are valid for a full day of skiing at the resorts listed below.
Employees are not allowed to transfer their ski pass award to another employee.
Pass Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Pick up the passes the night before your scheduled day. For example, if you’re scheduled for Wednesday, you pick up the passes on Tuesday night after 9:00 p.m.
- Drop off the passes by 9:00 p.m. on your scheduled day. Please return the passes on time, so your colleague who is scheduled for the next day can pick them up. If you don’t return the pass to the Command Center on time, you’ll be charged $50.
- Pass pick-up and drop-off is in the Lehi office at the Command Center on 4 West. The phone number is 1-801-705-7799.
- Other employees are not authorized to pick up the passes for you. Please have your Ancestry ID with you when you pick up your passes.
- There is a $150 replacement fee for a lost or damaged pass. Punching a hole in or otherwise altering a pass will damage the internal antennae.
Sign Up for a Ski Pass Slot
- Log in to Espresa with your Ancestry email address and password.
- Choose your campus (office location) and enter your employee ID, which can be found right next to your name on the Workday homepage.
- Read the Utah Gold Ski Pass policy on the site for specific requirements.
- Select “Utah Gold Ski Pass” in the Rewards section.
- Select the day you’d like to reserve the gold passes for the season.
- After submitting, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Note: Your reservation is not a guarantee that the resort will be open. If the resort is closed on the day of your reservation, email Espresa to reinstate your reward. You can make a new calendar reservation, but keep in mind that the calendar fills up quickly so dates are limited based on availability.
These alpine skiing resorts are direct to lift (no need to stop by the ticket window—just show your pass to the lift attendant):
- Alta Ski Area
- Brighton Resort
- Park City Mountain Resort (includes Fast Track)–free underground parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis; show your pass to gain access
- Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort–free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Solitude Mountain Resort – go to ticket office the first time
These alpine skiing resorts require you to pick up a day pass at the ticket office before you go to the lift line:
- Beaver Mountain Ski Resort
- Brian Head Resort
- Cherry Peak
- Deer Valley Resort (blackout dates December 26–December 31, February 17–19)
- Eagle Point
- Powder Mountain Resort
- Nordic Valley (formerly Wolf Mountain)
Cross country resorts:
- Ruby's Inn Cross Country Skiing
- Soldier Hollow
- Solitude Nordic Center
- Sundance Nordic Center
- White Pine Touring
The Ski Utah Gold Pass can be used during summer at resorts that are open. Passes can be used for scenic lift rides and mountain biking only, but not for other park events/facilities.
Brian Head: Present your Gold pass at the ticket window to be issued a day lift pass.
Canyons Resort: Present your Gold pass at Canyon Mountain Sports in the Resort Village for a scenic gondola lift ticket. Mountain bike haul lift tickets and Canyon Bike Park offerings are an additional cost.
Deer Valley Resort: Present your Gold pass to the Mountain Biking Office at either Snow Park or Silver Lake to be issued a day lift pass.
Park City Mountain Resort: Present your Gold pass at the ticket office in the Resort Plaza for a scenic ride lift ticket. Mountain bike haul lift tickets are an additional cost.
Snowbasin Resort: Proceed directly to the gondola with your Gold pass. The lift operator will scan it there.
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort: Present your Gold pass at the ticket window to be granted access to the scenic Aerial Tram and Peruvian chairlifts. Not valid for any other summer activities.
Solitude Mountain Resort: Present your Gold pass at the Adventure Center to be issued a summer lift ride or mountain bike pass. Solitude will not be using the access gate during the summer.
Sundance Resort: Check in at the Sundance Mountain Outfitters shop with your Gold pass to be issued either a scenic lift ride pass or mountain biking lift pass.